With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I thought it’d be fun to share a super easy, fun, and nutritious lunch that you and your little can make together to celebrate the day of love.
You will need the following:
- Two slices of whole wheat bread. (We chose an ancient grains bread.)
- A natural, organic peanut butter.
- A organic, low sugar jam. (We used strawberry because the red worked well to make our heart-but any flavour will do)
- A heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Blackberries or blueberries or another berry of your choice.
- Butter knife easy for little hands to grip/use.
- A spoon easy for little hands to grip/use.
Take your cookie cutter and make a heart in the centre of one of your slices of bread.
Spread peanut butter on whole piece of bread. A lot or a little, it’s totally up to you.
Put your slice of bread with the heart cut out on top of your slice with peanut butter on it. Spoon jam into the heart shaped hole until filled.
Step Four, Five and Six (I had a little helper that was too excited to eat his creation then let me take pictures lol)
Slice up strawberries and whichever other berries you chose and place in separate bowl. We chose to add Nutella as a special dip for the fruit-but Greek yogurt or anything of your choice works too.
Serve with a cold glass of almond milk (Or drink of your choice).
Simple, easy and fun to enjoy the season of love!